Photo Courtesy of Unsplash - Nitish Kadam
1. Head outdoors - exercise is a great way of improving your mental health. Even if the weather is horrible you can wrap up warm and still enjoy what nature as to offer.
2. Throw a family get together - seeing family can be a great way of catching up but also a great reminder in years to come of happy times spent together.
3. Book a short break - visit a city you have never been to and research places of interest nearby.
4. Visit a Spa - treat yourself to a spa day, relax and be pampered. Go on you know you deserve it and you will return feeling special. If budget is tight you can always have a spa day at home, light candles in the bathroom and relax, put on a facemask and do a manicure and pedicure on yourself.
5. Have a movie night - watch a film you wouldn't normally choose or take it in turns with a partner or child, grab some popcorn, a bottle of what ever takes your fancy and cuddle up on the sofa. There are some great movies which will immediately transport you into another world, below are some of my Warner Bros Great Escape favourites.
- Gravity - an intense thriller set in space
- Inception - sci fi action involving DiCaprio stealing ideas from the subconscious mind
- Jupiter Ascending - from the creators of The Matrix a visually fabulous film not to be missed
- The Hobbit, The Battle of the Five Armies - the epic conclusion to The Hobbit trilogy
- Pacific Rim - robots and alien creatures battle
- Rise of the Empire - battle at sea but very blood thirsty and not for the faint hearted
a Rafflecopter giveaway