The S+ from MedRes is the world's first non-contact sleep tracking system that helps you to track, analyse and improve your sleeping pattern. Setting up the S+ is simple, just plug it in and download the app on to your smart phone. Once the app is installed your need to sync the S+ with the app and you are ready to go. At night time you open the app and press the sleep button, this activates some short questions about your day and then the app starts to track your sleep.
Some of the benefits are listed below
- it offers your personalised advice based on the analysis of your sleep
- highlights problems with your sleep environment which may be affecting your sleep
- it can play rhythmic sounds which synchronise with your breathing
- the mind clear option lets you record things on your mind that you need to do
- a smart alarm gently wakes you from light sleep within a time frame to suit you, helping you wake feeling refreshed
The first time I used it I was a little dubious as to the benefits it could provide and as you can see from my sleep stats below, I was often disturbed and awake for over 2 hours throughout the night.
The app gives you friendly advice on ways to improve your sleep. For me avoiding caffeine in the afternoon seemed like simple advice but the benefits I have received are incredible. It was also good to know that people my age often wake up to 4 times at night and that I am not alone.
After a week of using the S+ and taking their advice in to account you can visually see the difference in my sleep patterns. I am waking much less often and in a morning I actually feel like I have had a good nights sleep.
The S+ is priced £129.95 and is available at ResMed, Amazon and John Lewis. It is definitely a eye opener and a small price to pay to improve your sleep patterns.
I was sent this item free of charge for the purpose of this review but the opinion is entirely my own.