Photo courtesy of Unsplash
Fenetic Wellbeing have recently been promoting people of any age to get active and have a wide range of mobility aids to meet an individual needs. I feel it is important to remain active no matter what your health needs and I don't mean run marathons, a gentle stroll can be just as beneficial as a 5 mile run. Below are my 5 simple steps to becoming more active.
- Gradually increase the amount of walking you do. If you are not use to exercise, then walking for 5 minutes and increasing by 5 minutes per day is a useful way of being able to walk further distances.
- Enjoy your garden, take 10 minutes a day to pull up some weeds or have a tidy round, not only will you feel better but your garden will reap the benefits.
- Joining a walking group is a great idea, many have walks for mixed abilities and it is a great way of meeting new friends. When you are having fun, exercise doesn't seem like hard work.
- Take up swimming, if you can't swim have lessons. Movement in water is less stressful on the skeletal system and can be a good way of improving your fitness levels.
- Climbing the stairs can also be a useful and free way of keeping active on a daily basis.
The lovely people at Fenetic Wellbeing have also offered to give my lovely readers the chance of winning a Winter Walking Kit containing Gloves, Hand Warmer, Thermos, Bag, Umbrella and Snack Bar and so if you would like to win this great prize please complete the rafflecopter form below.
This post is written in Collaboration with Fenetic Wellbeing