Chocolate & Orange Roulade
175g dark chocolate
175g caster sugar
1 small tin mandarin oranges
40g caster sugar
Rind and juice of 1 lime
1 small carton double cream
1. Separate the egg yolks from the white and put in different bowls.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 4.
3. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water.
4. Mix the egg yolks and sugar until light and creamy.
5. Once the chocolate as melted leave to cool.
6. Whisk the egg whites until they form peaks.
7. Mix the chocolate in with the egg yolks and sugar mixture.
8. Fold the egg whites in to the chocolate mixture being careful not to flatten the air you have put in to the whites.
9. Place in a greased and lined swiss roll tin and bake in the middle of the oven for around 20 minutes.
10. Once cooked turn out on to a piece of baking parchment sprinkled with caster sugar.
10. To make the filling add the tin of drained mandarin oranges to the caster sugar, juice and rind of the lime and simmer until the liquid is reduced. Leave to cool.
11. Whisk the double cream until it is thick and spreadable.
12. Spoon the orange syrup over the cake and spread evenly.
13. Spread the double cream over the cake with orange syrup.
14. Gently roll up the swiss roll (and hopefully you will achieve a spiral).
Decorate with candied orange, chocolate swirls and a dusting of icing sugar.
Once again I am linking up with the #GBBOBloggers 2016 at Mummy Mishaps. I can't wait to visit everyone's bakes after missing a week.