Chocolate & Orange Sweet Dough Wreath
For the Dough
1 sachet of dry yeast
500g white bread flour
75g soft brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
For the Filling
Grated rind of two oranges
Juice of one orange
1 cup of sultanas
1 medium bar of quality chocolate (I used Green & Blacks Milk Chocolate)
For the Icing
Juice of one orange
2 cups of icing sugar
1. Warm the milk in a saucepan and add the butter, when the butter has melted leave the liquid to cool.
2. I mixed my dough in the Nutri Ninja by selecting the dough function on the base unit. I then added the flour, yeast, sugar and salt to the mixing bowl and gradually blended in the beaten egg and milk mixture. When the dough was formed I turned it out on to the lightly floured work surface and kneaded for about 5 minutes.
3. Place the dough in a greased bowl covered with cling film and leave to raise for approximately 2 hours.
4. Whilst the dough was proving I made my filling by mixing together the chocolate, orange rind and orange juice in the Ninja blender cup.
5. Once the dough has proven, knead to knock out the air and roll in to a rectangle about 1cm in depth.
6. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 4.
7. Spread the chocolate mixture over the rectangle and sprinkle the sultanas over the top.
8. Roll the rectangle of dough lengthways like a swiss roll and join the ends together to make a circle.
9. With a knife make slits almost to the bottom every inch around the wreath.
10. Place a bowl in the middle, cover and leave to rise again for around 30 minutes.
11. Bake in the centre of the oven for around 40 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
13. Mix the orange juice and icing sugar together and drizzle all over the wreath.
14. Eat warm with fresh coffee, perfect.
I cannot believe how much easier it was baking with the Nutri Ninja Kitchen System, making the dough was so much simpler and being able to chop the chocolate finely without grating my fingers on the grater was such a relief. I can't wait to see what other creations I can make with my Nutri machine. Once again I am joining up with the lovely Jenny at Mummy Mishaps and the talented bloggers who are joining in with the #GBBOBloggers2016.