Photo courtesy of Unsplash
Do you run your own business or work for a company that is short of storage space? Well like a lot of businesses today storing products can be quite a challenge. Small businesses often do not have the floor space required for stock, equipment and archive materials, in fact many large companies also lack the capacity to store essential items on site without increasing their storage space.
There are simple ways to improve storage which can be applied at work and home.
- Use an inventory so that you are aware when items need to be removed from storage ie we use a date at work and this way we know when a file has been retained for the required period of time, before it is destroyed. In the kitchen I always put items nearing their end by date at the front of the cupboard or fridge.
- Make sure that the items you are storing are packaged adequately to protect them.
- Store items of a similar size and shape together.
- Maximise the space you have. If you can not build outwards it makes sense to build upwards and with the help of Mezzanine Flooring this can be a cost effective way of doubling the amount of existing space you have, which means no expensive moves.
- As a last resort store products off site if necessary and obviously make sure these are included in any inventory.
Warehouse Storage Solutions can help you to solve your storage problems by creating Mezzanine flooring to meet your business needs.
This post is written in collaboration with Warehouse Storage Solutions Ltd.