Photo courtesy of Unsplash
Simple changes in lifestyle can significantly help our wellbeing and that of our loved ones. Below are five ways as a family we are trying to get healthier.
- Exercise – by taking a 30 minute walk everyday after dinner it enables us to spend quality time as a family without technology whilst also improving our fitness levels. It is so good to get outdoors and explore what nature has provided.
- Healthy eating – buy fresh produce and make meals from scratch, this way you know exactly what is going in to the meal and you can reduce salt and fat intake. Gee is now at the age where she is taking an interest in food and loves to join in with the preparation.
- Stop smoking or consider vaping as an alternative. Vaping is believed to be a safer alternative than cigarettes, with some health professionals recommending switching to vaping. It definitely has a lot more benefits than it does disadvantages and can improve your own health whilst also reducing passive smoking. Vapelux have a wonderful selection of e-liquids available if you would like to make the switch.
- Drink water – substitute all the fizzy drinks and squash with water. If that doesn’t appeal you could even add some of your favourite fruits to the water to give it a lovely natural fruity taste by using one of the water bottles specifically designed for this.
- Sleep – have a regular bedtime without technology, switch those phones, computers and Ipads off. Instead read a book to help you unwind and try and avoid caffeinated drinks in the evening. A good sleep pattern is essential to feeling well.
This post is written in collaboration with Vapelux.