If you’re planning to throw a summer party in the coming months don’t let your veggie friends feel alienated! Try this fantastic recipe for meat-free burgers with a punch of chilli and a delicious salsa. It’s easy!
Serves 2 | 10 mins cooking time Z 426 cals per serving | 5.3g sat fat per serving
2 Quorn Chef’s Selection Classic Burgers
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 ciabatta roll
A handful of pea shoots
1/2 red sliced onion
2 tbsp sliced red jalapeno peppers
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
200g sweet corn
1 tsp chipotle paste
1 tsp fresh chopped coriander
- Start with the salsa by heating the vegetable oil in a pan and cook the sweet corn for a couple of minutes until it starts to brown. Add in 1 tsp of chipotle paste (or more if you’re brave!) and stir well. Leave to cool before adding the fresh coriander and scoop into a serving dish.
- Brush the back of your Quorn burgers with 1 tsp of oil and place on the BBQ on a moderate heat for 8-10 minutes. Make sure you turn them.
- Prepare the ciabatta by slicing horizontally in half and brushing the cut side with some oil. Place on the BBQ to toast for a couple of minutes.
- Build your burger! Start with some pea shoots on your toasted ciabatta, add the Quorn burger and top with slices of red onion and jalapenos (as many as you can handle!) before seasoning with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with the corn chipotle salsa.
By day Micaela is a Digital Marketeer, but by night she is a lifestyle blogger with a passion for all things vegetarian. Find more recipe inspirations check out her blog Stylish London Living. You can also Micaela on Instagram stylishlondonliving.
I would like to say a big thank you to Micaela for providing me with this post for my readers to enjoy. I'm sure you will agree Micaela's dish looks very tasty and perfect for a barbecue.