4 eggs (hard boiled)
8 rashers of streaky bacon
2lb new potatoes
Large handful of green beans
1 cup of mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Salt & Pepper
Flat Parsley to garnish
- Boil the potatoes and green beans until cooked to your liking and cut in to bite size pieces.
- Hard boil the eggs and peel.
- Grill or fry the bacon until it is crispy and crumble it or roughly dice.
- In a bowl mash two of the eggs with the mayonnaise, mustard and salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped potatoes, green beans and the remaining diced egg along with half of the bacon to the mayonnaise mixture and stir well.
- To finish add the remainder of the bacon to the top of the salad.
- Garnish with some flat parsley and serve.
I love this dish as it can be served hot or cold. It is a great accompaniment to pizza or can even be eaten on its own with some crusty bread. The salad tastes even better on the 2nd day along with a grilled chicken breast. Ideal holiday food when you want something quick and tasty without too much hassle.