210g Plain Flour
275g Caster Sugar
80ml Sour Cream
1 dsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
175g Chocolate Chips
125ml Boiling Water
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and line a 900g loaf tin with cling film (yes cling film), don't worry it will not burn.
- Put all the ingredients except the water and chocolate chips in to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the boiling water whilst carrying on mixing and add the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture in to your loaf tin and bake for approximately 1 hour.
25g Dark Chocolate
100g Caster Sugar
1 tsp Cocoa
- Put all the ingredients for the topping in to a pan and bring to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes until the mixture is a thick syrup.
- Whilst the cake is fresh out of the oven, make holes in the cake with a skewer and pour the syrup over the cake (like you do with a lemon drizzle cake).
- Once the cake is cool take out of the tin and remove the cling film and decorate with other things, I used Galaxy Golden Eggs and icing sugar.
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe as much as we do. Happy Valentines Day. #HappyAndHome is a fabulous new linky by Penny Alexander to share all the things that make us happy at home.