Mini Chocolate Souffles
2oz Cadburys Bourneville
1/2 oz butter
2 egg yolks
4 egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp sugar
- Grease the ramekin dishes with butter and sprinkle with ordinary sugar.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate in the micowave and leave to cool.
- Beat the egg yolks with the vanilla essence for about 1 minute and then add the cornflour, mix until completely combined.
- Whisk the egg white with the sugar unti stiff.
- Add a little of the egg white to the chocolate mixture to make it easier to fold into the remainder of the egg whites.
- Fold the egg yolk mixture into the chocolate mixture carefully.
- Fill the ramekin dishes.
- Bake at 200 degrees for approximately 10 minutes.
I cannot believe how simple and tasty these were to make. A big thumbs up from Grotbags who is the fussiest of eaters. These would be delicious with some vanilla icecream but unfortunately I forgot to buy some. We will definitely be making these again in the near future.