Black Forest Muffin Ingredients
4oz unsalted butter
4oz golden caster sugar
4oz self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking power
2 tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp milk
2 chocolate flakes
morello cherry compote
- Grease and sprinkle the tins with cocoa.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Seperate the egg yolks from the whites and beat the egg yolks with the golden caster sugar.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- Whisk the egg whites in a seperate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg yolk mixute and mix together along with the milk.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Divide evenly between a 9 hole muffin tin.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until firm.
- Turn out and leave to cool.
- Whip the double cream until pipeable and place inside your piping bag.
- Slice the muffins in half.
- Pipe a circle around the bottom half of the muffin.
- Fill the circle with morello cherry compote.
- Place the other half of your muffin on top.
- Spread some of the whipped cream on top of the muffin.
- Roll in crushed flake.
Enjoy and I can't wait to read everyone elses recipes.