7oz caster sugar
2 ripe bananas
5oz sour cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
6 1/2oz plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees celcius.
- Grease a loaf tin and sprinkle with a mixture of caster sugar and cinnamon, this gives the finished banana bread a lovely slightly crips crust.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg, mashed up bananas, vanilla, cinnamon and sour cream and mix together.
- Finally add the salt, flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- I add sliced banana to the top before I cook it to give a nice effect.
- Pour in to the loaf tin and bake for approximately 1 hour, test with a skewer to make sure it comes out clean.
Perfect with your afternoon tea and ideal for using up all those ripe bananas and for you all to have a laugh, please see the picture of my baguettes below.