Recently I was invited to try out Chemist Direct who are an online pharmacy, in preparation for our holiday this year. Chemist Direct stock a huge range of products ranging from medicines to toiletries and even pet health products. I placed my order online and received regular updates as to the estimated delivery time and also updated when there was a delay on one of my items. My package arrived well wrapped with liquids rolled in bubble wrap to protect the bottles.
So what do I consider essential to take on a holiday at home?
- Stugeron - Travel sickness pills, Grotbags is ok with short journeys but travelling to Cornwall will be a different story.
- Anthisan insect bite cream, I'm sure I give off some sort of pheromone to the insect world saying "here I am, come and get me".
- Mosquito band to try and prevent the previous bites.
- Orajel toothache gel, because I struggle with my teeth.
- Shower gels of various descriptions due to sensitive skin.
- Deodorants for all the family.
- Ambre Solaire sun cream for the times when we experience the sunshine.
- Razor blades and shaving gel for the hubbie.
I found using Chemist Direct really simple, some products were cheaper and you could buy some items in bulk if you wished. The website is really informative and offers an online doctor and prescription service along with useful information and treatments for various ailments. I will definitely use their website again in the future.