Around 1400 children are killed or seriously injured on our roads every year and that is why I have been drumming the Green Cross Code into Grotbags. Extra tips are:
- Try to make your child aware of their surroundings ie not crossing the road near corners, at junctions or even on the brow of a hill as all these can be factors in road traffic accidents.
- Children become easily distracted and the use of ipods is not actually a wise choice when out walking on the road as they cannot hear traffic coming, neither is the use of mobile phones if your child is older.
- Most school uniforms are quite dark and therefore it is useful if your child wears something that is fluorescent and will make them more easily seen.
- If cycling to school make sure your child has an helmet that fits correctly.
- Wherever possible use zebra/pelican crossings.
This is a featured post.