1. Grotbags gets involved by helping me to write the shopping list, we make choices together for example I let her decide what fruit she would like for snacks.
2. I always take into consideration what she asks for and instead of just giving her an outright 'no' I sympathise with her and give her my reasoning behind my answer.
3. No means no, if she thought I would change my mind she will keep pestering.
4. I rip my shopping list in half and she has half to do as well. This relieves the boredom and makes her feel more involved rather than being a chore to be endured.
5. Do not go to shops where there are sweets at the check out ! I have learnt this the hard way after receiving knowing glares from other parents.
As anybody else got any tips for a stress free shopping trip? I would love to know?
On this note we get the shopping done a lot quicker which gives us more time for fun.
- Posted on the go :)